UPDATED FOR 2024!
You’re engaged, hooray! Now comes the fun part: picking out your wedding venue. Portland, Oregon has a wide array of beautiful indoor, outdoor and inexpensive venues to choose from. So hopefully this list helps you narrow it down depending on what you’re looking for. If you’re traveling in from out of town just be aware that the weather is very fickle from October through May, so for roughly half the year we’re not sure if the weather is going to be overcast, rainy or sunny. If you’re planning a destination wedding around these months it’s a good idea to opt for the indoor venues or just have that option available. Alright, ya ready? Check out some of the best Portland Wedding Venues below!
Luxury Wedding Venues for Editorial Vibes
- Villa Catalana Cellars: if you want to feel like you’ve been transported to a vineyard in Italy then you’ve certainly found the right place. Villa Catalana is a stunning backdrop if you’re looking for European and editorial vibes. Better yet? It’s not too far with only a 30 minute drive from Portland.
- Ironlight : Located in Lake Oswego, Ironlight is the perfect venue for an elevated venue. It gives off industrial vibes that can easily be softened with the addition of some florals. Better yet, the ceremony can be held outdoors on one of their rooftop terraces.
- Horning’s Hideout:If you want to take advantage of Portland’s lush landscape for an outdoor wedding surrounded by a lake and rolling hills, then Horning’s Hideout is the perfect wedding venue for you. Just for a touch of added elegance, there happens to be peacocks that roam free throughout the grounds. Check out a full wedding day at Horning’s Hideout here!
- Bridal Veil Lakes: another absolutely stunning outdoor wedding venue within the greater Portland area. This one is out in the Columbia River Gorge and is surrounded by a lush forest and features a reflective lake in the center. Notable mentions: I once saw a groom enter his own ceremony on a kayak on the lake with the Jurassic Park theme song playing.
- The Griffin House: located in the Columbia River Gorge this stunning wedding venue has the most picturesque view of the gorge one could ask for. It does tend to get particularly windy in the evenings so I would highly suggest hiring a wedding planner that can help you plan accordingly.
- Oregon Golf Club: featuring a gorgeous garden and a brick building as a backdrop, on a clear day you also get a stunning view of Mt Hood. What else could you ask for?
- Portland Art Museum: nothing screams elegance more than having your wedding in an art museum. PAM features 20,000 ft of event space all surrounded by incomparable artwork for your wedding day.
- Victorian Belle Mansion: if you’re interested in some old timey potentially haunted vibes then Victorian Belle Mansion is the wedding venue for you. Located in the Kenton neighborhood of North Portland, this mansion is filled with an old timey elegance for your wedding day.
- The Empress Estate: another venue filled with the charm of a bygone era, The Empress Estate offers you two charming options between the Woodland Chateay and the Empress Mansion.
- Ainsworth House & Gardens: this venue offers you the chance to have your wedding ceremony beneath the branches of a 200 year old Ponderosa Pine. You’ll also be surrounded by gorgeous gardens throughout the venue.
- The Aerie at Eagle Landing:
Indoor Portland Venues to Beat the Rain
12. Castaway : a popular venue in Northwest Portland that was popularized by the fact that they allow the Wedding Llamas! They even dress them up as a bride and groom that you can share a carrot kiss with, it’s pretty dang precious. The space also offers beautiful urban vibes as a backdrop for your wedding day.
13. Easton Broad: located in inner Southeast, Easton Broad has become a favorite for the editorial urban vibes. It offers a blank space that can easily be transformed with rentals and florals.
14. Cooper’s Hall: a winery located in Southeast Portland that has a gorgeous barrel wall as a ceremony backdrop. It’s the perfect all-in-one location for a wedding ceremony and reception with urban vibes.
15. Crystal Ballroom: the perfect venue if you want to feel like a rockstar on your wedding day. This venue actually offers spectacular natural lighting due to the direction their wide windows are facing. So it can definitely be decorated beautifully.
17. Union Pine
18. Leftbank Annex
19. Redd on Salmon
23. Yale Union
25. The Benson Hotel
Scenic Outdoor Wedding Venues near Portland, Oregon
26. Vernonia Springs
27. Mt Hood Organic Farms: a classic venue in Hood River with a stunning view of Mt Hood. The grounds also offers a beautiful garden and indoor reception area for dinner and toasts. Personally, I really like the decor
28. Gorge Crest Vineyards: this is in my opinion one of the most stunning views of Mt Hood that you can get (on a clear day). The vineyards also offer another backdrop and there’s a forested path as well.
29. Skamania Lodge
30. Camp Colton
Best Inexpensive Venues for Small WEddings
32. Hoyt Arboretum
33. Cathedral Park
36. Opal 28
38. The Croft Farm
These venues are a little outside of the Greater Portland area but they’re pretty dang picturesque wedding venues and I think worth mentioning.
40. Thornewood Castle : did YOU know that there was a castle in the Pacific Northwest? I sure didn’t. But if your goal is to look like a certified fairytale princess on your wedding day then this is the perfect wedding venue for you. Located in the Seattle-Tacoma area, it is a bit of a drive out from Portland but what’s a roadtrip when you’re making your fairytale dreams come true?
41. The Ruins at Astor: a Historic and unique wedding venue on the Oregon Coast located within The Hotel Astoria. It has since been restored to it’s former glory and offers a stunning backdrop for your wedding day.
42. The Ruins Hood River: I know, I know… TWO ruins? You have to admit, the vibes are immaculate. Not to be confused with the Ruins at Astor, these Hood River ruins offers an incredible renessaince style background full of brick, ruins, naturally, and forest. All around makes for incredible background texture for a wedding day.
Looking to elope instead? Make sure you check out my list of Top 10 Places to Elope in the Pacific Northwest!
There you have it! There are 30+ of this photographer’s favorite wedding venues within the greater Portland region. Find a good spot to exchange your vows? Now’s the time to pick your perfect wedding photographer! While you’re here, check out the rest of my portfolio and if you’re ready drop me a line so we can start planning your best day ever. I’m ready to RSVP with “hell yes!”